Monday, April 14, 2014

Origin of Desvenia's name

We have, that is to say I have, wondered where the name Desvenia originated. Have seen thousands of names over the last 40 years in my hospital work and have yet to come across another Desvenia.

I still have tons of paperwork to happily peruse, but I came upon this 1860 Illinois census report that on the 4th line shows that Dess's mother Addie had a brother named "Desrena" with a question mark. Now where the name Desrena came from, who knows. The question mark leads me to wonder if it was Desvenia and was inaccurately noted and questioned by someone after the census was done.




Found another listing that showed Addie's brother as Desvenia...problem solved!!!!
 
Hmmm...now where did Addie's brother's name come from :)
http://www.geni.com/people/Desvenia-Bowker/6000000002161536264

No comments:

Post a Comment